The Sterilight Platinum SP Series is based on the feature-laden Platinum™ ICE controller and Sterilight's Flow-Pace™ UV intensity monitor. This combination allows for 2-stage flow pacing where the lamps operate at half power when water is not flowing and full-power when the water is running. This allows the system to operate with minimal power requirements (excellent for applications powered by solar power systems!), at a lower operating cost, and with less heat build-up.
The Platinum™ ICE controller provides constant output current and a universal power input (100-250V/50-60Hz), as well as visually displaying % UV intensity, remaining lamp life, and total hours of operation.
The system comes with a set of dry contacts allowing for the external hook-up of a remote device such as a solenoid valve (sold separately - see below), as well as a self-diagnostic check upon start-up, and an RJ-11 communications port. Using high-output, Sterilume™-HO coated low pressure germicidal UV lamps coupled with electropolished 316 stainless steel, axial flow sterilization chambers, the Platinum SP Series provides very high flow throughput capacity in a very compact system.
The UV lamp provides a 4-log (99.99%) reduction of bacteria, viruses, and protozoan cysts (cryptosporidium and giardia) at the specified maximum flow rates. Lamp life is 9,000 hours (1 year).
A suitable flow restrictor is also included to ensure that you do not exceed the maximum recommended UV dose.
Features of the Sterilight Platinum UV purification system
- Equipped to inactivate chlorine-resistant parasites such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia, harmful bacteria like E.Coli and viruses not visible to the naked eye.
- Specially designed and tested Sterilume™-HO lamps provide consistent and reliable ultraviolet output over the entire life of the lamp (9000 hours) to ensure continuous purification.
- The Flow-Pace™ UV Sensor promises system stability and long-life reliability with low power consumption, reducing operating costs and heat transfer into the water.
- Built with a durable stainless steel chamber to prolong life and eliminate ultraviolet light degradation.
- The Sterilight Platinum power supply visually counts down remaining days until lamp replacement, provides total running time of controller, visually represents UV intensity output in % and conducts a full system diagnostic check on start-up.
- Axial Flow reactors include a patented axial flow system installed at the inlet – ensuring water confidence each and every time.
Seven-Year Limited Warranty for Sterilight® UV Chamber
Five-Year Limited Pro-Rated Warranty for Structural, Hardware and Electrical Components
One-Year Limited Warranty for UV Lamps, UVSleeves and UV Sensors